Last Updated: February 10, 2022
The terms of this policy cover all of Princess Polly’s consumer facing operations in USA and Australia. Residents of California have additional rights. Click here to learn more.
YOUR RIGHT TO CONTROL HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
In Short: You have the right to make requests regarding your personal information. While these rights may vary based on your residency, we strive to allow you to control how your personal information is used.
- Review the personal information we have about you or request a copy of it;
- Ask us to update or correct personal information if it is inaccurate;
- Request that we delete your personal information;
- Opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties for some purposes, including sharing that may be defined as a sale under applicable laws;
- Object to certain types of uses of your personal information;
- Make choices about receiving email marketing; and
- Tell us which cookies you want us to use when you shop online by clicking on the "Interest Based Ads" link at the bottom of our Canadian websites or using the cookie banners on our United Kingdom or European Union websites.
These rights vary depending on where you reside. But we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request, even if your country or state does not require us to do so. If you ask us to delete or stop using your personal information, we may not be able to honor that request if the information is required to process your payments or returns, fulfill your order, or comply with tax, audit or regulatory requirements.
To submit a request for access or deletion of your personal information, please click here. You may also contact us to make any requests related to your personal information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In Short: We collect information about you such as your contact information, payment information, demographic information, shopping preferences and information about the devices you use to shop online.
We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13 (16 in the United Kingdom/European Union) without parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not specifically targeted to or intended for use by children.
We need to collect personal information in order to provide the products and services you request. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with these products and services.
What information do we collect? We may collect:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number;
- Payment information, such as credit card number, bank card numbers, and other payment details;
- Order and refund history, including sizing;
- Demographic information, such as age, estimated income, household information, and occupation;
- Information about your interests, preferences, and purchase history;
- Information may be collected from you if you interact with us on social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit and Snapchat;
- Information related in signing up to become a brand ambassador, influencer and college ambassador;
- Device and browser information including location information, MAC addresses, IP addresses, Cookies, and other online identifiers;
- Any other information that you provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
In short: We collect information about you in a variety of different ways as you navigate through and interact with our Website.
- Information you provide to us, such as while making a purchase or signing up for a loyalty or rewards program.
- Information we collect while you interact with our websites, mobile or other apps, social media sites, and other products and services. This often involves information about your device such as IP addresses and MAC addresses, as well as information collected through cookies.
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as credit card issuers and data analytics firms.
- Information we create ourselves after we analyze the information we collected about you, such as your shopping preferences.
Information You provide to Us
Online Order Information
When you make a purchase from our websites or mobile apps, we may ask you to provide us with information about your purchase such as your name, email address, shipping address, phone number, and payment information.
If you sign up for an online account through our websites or mobile applications, we may ask you to provide your username, password, email address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences. You do not have to create an online account to make a purchase. If you connect your social media account to your online account, you will share certain personal information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your online account.
If you would like to receive marketing communications from us, you may do so by signing up on our websites, or mobile applications. We will ask you to provide your email address or phone number so we can fulfill your request by sending you marketing materials.
Communicating with us
When you contact us about a customer service issue, or to make other inquiries, we collect the content of those communications, and any additional information about the method of communication such as phone, SMS, email, chat, or through social media platforms. For example, if you email us, we will collect your email address, if you send us a text message, we will collect your phone number, and so on.
If you sign up for promotions or a contest, you may need to provide certain information such as your name, email, telephone number, or mailing address.
Information We Collect Through Your Interactions With Us
Websites and Mobile Apps
We may collect information about you in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on our websites, or mobile apps.
We may also collect information from other sources, including for example, joint marketing partners, data analytics firms, public databases, publicly available social media pages, and other third parties we work with.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In Short: Cookies are little bits of computer code that collect data by tagging along with you while you browse, but most importantly they allow us to provide you with the best browsing experience possible.
Most websites, including ours, wouldn’t work very well without certain cookies. They allow us to prevent crashes, display information, fix bugs, and ensure the security of our site (and your account). These types of cookies are often called “strictly necessary” cookies. Because they are needed for our site to work, we don’t provide you with an ability to opt-out of these cookies. But you can remove them by using your browser settings. Keep in mind that certain features of our site may not be available to you.
Some cookies provide important services but are not strictly necessary for our website to work. These cookies use information about your interactions with us so we can suggest clothes and special offers for you. If your shopping is interrupted, they remember where you left off and send you reminders that you truly deserve that new outfit. These reminders might be sent to you in an email, on social media or while you’re browsing another website or on another device. We think these cookies are useful and will make it easier for you to shop with us. But you might disagree. If so, you can tell us not to use certain cookies by using the opt-out tools we have placed on our ecommerce websites. These options vary by geographic region.
When accessing the Website in the United States, you can click on the "Do Not Sell My Info" link at the bottom of the Website. You can also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more about opting out of certain cookies.
When accessing the Website in Canada, you can click on the "Interest Based Ads" link at the bottom of the Website to opt-out of certain cookies on those sites.
European Union & United Kingdom
When accessing the Website in the EU or the United Kingdom, you can click on the “” link at the bottom of the Website to opt-out of certain cookies on those sites. You can also learn more by visiting the European Union Digital Advertising Alliance.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choice.
- Google Analytics & Google AdWords Remarketing
Princess Polly and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website, and to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads HERE.
You can also use this Analytics opt out tool HERE.
- Rakuten Advertising
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use, and sale of your personal information and your rights, please use the below links.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In short: We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. Which result in a combination of any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as: to fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain, and service your account(s) and memberships; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our stylists and salespeople; track and categorize your activity and interests on our websites and mobile applications, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our websites, and through our mobile applications;
- For marketing and advertising, such as: to send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the "Your Choice" section below);
- For analytics, such as: to understand how you use our websites and mobile applications; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our websites and mobile applications; and improve our websites and mobile applications;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law; and
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously. However, to perform many of our services and functions we may need your name and contact information.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In Short: We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and brands, with third parties who provide services to you or us, with promotional partners, with social media companies, or with other third parties as needed to carry out our business, or comply with a legal obligation.
Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated information or other information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- Sharing between brands and affiliates. When you provide information to one of our brands, we may share it with our other brands under the a.k.a. Brands Holding Corp. such as Petal + Pup, Culture Kings, mnml and Rebdolls. Our brands operate under a number of corporate subsidiaries and affiliates, which you can see HERE.
- Public posting and social sharing. When you post public comments on our websites, on public forums like our social media sites, blogs, and online reviews, your comments are accessible by other members of the public.
- Princess Polly service providers. Princess Polly may use third parties to provide services to you or us. This may include managing customer information; fulfilling promotions; sending marketing communications; conducting surveys; hosting websites; analyzing data; processing payments; fulfilling and shipping orders; or providing network security, accounting, auditing, and other services. We would not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your information for purposes other than why we have retained them.
- Third party partners. We may share information with other companies when we work with them to promote our products, services, offers, contests, or other promotions to our customers.
- To fulfill legal obligations and with government agencies. We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations, or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of Princess Polly or others.
- During a sale or business transaction. In the event of any potential or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), your personal information may be shared with third parties such as the acquiring entity and its advisors.
- Providing you with Products and Services. We use your information to process, fulfill and communicate with you about your orders, respond to your customer service inquiries, allow you to use in-store and online technologies, enroll you in rewards and loyalty programs, and to inform you of policy or product changes that may impact you. When we use information in this way, we do so for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you, or to comply with a legal obligation.
In Short: We want you to be comfortable with the information we collect and use, therefore, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Princess Polly to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by unchecking the relevant box located on the Contact Information form during the checkout process. . If you don’t want us to send you marketing messages anymore, you can reach out to us here: [email protected] or just unsubscribe from the link in one of our email messages or reply “STOP” for SMS. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Princess Polly as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Non-promotional Purposes. If you have opted out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes (such as for customer service). We may also still contact you to comply with our legal or other compliance obligations.
- Text marketing and Notifications. By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 30 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply. For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out, please follow the procedures above.
Accessing and Correcting Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS
Under circumstances, you have the right of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of and objection to processing of Personal Information, the right to data portability, the right to withdraw any consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before such withdrawal and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To invoke your rights please refer to the contact information under Contact Information.
Unless specified otherwise, Personal Information requested when using the Platforms are voluntary, which means that it is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. Users are free not to provide such Personal Information without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Platforms or the Services. Where the provision of Personal Information is mandatory, such a requirement is stated. In that case, failure to provide such Personal Information may make it impossible for the Platform(s) to work properly or for us to provide any Services to you.
Princess Polly does not conduct any automated decision making through or for the Platforms or Services, including profiling.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request by calling us at 1-800-485-4000 or by sending us an email at [email protected], or by mailing a request to the address provided in the Contact Information section of this policy.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Princess Polly 750 N San Vicente Blvd, Suite RE1450, West Hollywood, CA 90069.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
In Short: We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Princess Polly is a global company with a global footprint, but the majority of the Personal Information that we collect is stored in the United States. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used. By providing us with any personal information, you understand that your information may be transferred, processed, or stored outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have a different data protection regime from the country in which you reside. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information. Non-US based customers can read more about this topic below.
Data Transfers outside of the US.
Personal Information that is generated through the use of the Platforms may be stored on locations other than where it was initially collected. When transferred, we will ensure this policy and applicable laws and legislations, such as the GDPR, the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 2018, and the Australian Privacy Act, are complied with. Where applicable, you may obtain a copy of the applicable safeguards. Please consult our Data Protection Officer for more information.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide the service to you (for example, as long as you have an online account with us) or as needed to fulfill our own obligations, such as preventing fraud, meeting regulatory requirements, resolving disputes, improving our services or maintaining security, and in each case, as consistent with applicable law. We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have put in place a wide variety of technical and organizational security measures to help protect you and the personal information we collect about you. Please note that we will never email you asking for account information like your username, date of birth, credit card information, or other personal information. Finally, we will never email you with attachments that can be opened. If you received a suspicious email that appears to be from us, please contact us.
Third Party Services.
We are not responsible for, and this policy does not address, the privacy practices of other third parties, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developers, social media platforms, operating system providers, wireless or telecommunications service providers, or device manufacturers. The inclusion of a link on our services does not imply an endorsement of the linked sites or services by us or our affiliates.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through our services or otherwise to us.
Third Party Payment Service.
Attention: Privacy Officer
750 N San Vicente Blvd, Suite RE1450
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Email: [email protected]
Please note that the legal department of Princess Polly also receives a copy of your message via this email address. We aim to respond within 30 days from the date we receive privacy-related communications.
If you are a resident of Australia and are not satisfied with our response, you may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300.363.992 or email: [email protected].